Quick Weight Loss Recipes
An asian favorite, transformed in a quick and healthy dinner.
2/3 cup chicken broth
1 tsp cornstarch
1 tbsp minced garlic, divided
3 tsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1/4-1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
1 pound raw shrimp (21-25 per pound), peeled and deveined
1/4 tsp salt, divided
4 cups broccoli florets
2/3 cup water
2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
1 tsp lemon juice
Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Combine chicken broth, cornstarch and half the garlic in a bowl; whisk until smooth.
- Heat 1-1/2 tsp oil in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat.
- Add remaining garlic and crushed red pepper. Cook while stirring for about 30 seconds. Add shrimp. Sauté until shrimp are pink, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add remaining oil to the pan. Add broccoli and a pinch of salt. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add water, cover and cook until broccoli is crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Transfer to the bowl with shrimp.
- Add chicken stock mixture to the pan and cook, stirring, over medium-high heat, until thickened, 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in basil and season with lemon juice and pepper. Add shrimp and broccoli; heat through. Serve with lemon wedges.
(Makes 4 Servings)
Calories Per Serving: 178