Quick Weight Loss Recipes
Power up your morning workout with this healthy power bar.
1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1 tbsp flaxseeds, preferably golden
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1 cup unsweetened whole-grain puffed cereal (see Note)
1/3 cup currants
1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
1/4 cup creamy almond butter (see Note)
1/4 cup turbinado sugar (see Note)
1/4 cup honey
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat an 8-inch-square pan with cooking spray.
- Spread oats, almonds, flaxseeds and sesame seeds on a large, rimmed baking sheet. Bake until the oats are lightly toasted. Transfer to a large bowl. Add cereal, currants, apricots and raisins; toss to combine.
- Combine almond butter, sugar, honey, vanilla and salt in a small saucepan. Heat over medium-low, stirring frequently, until the mixture bubbles.
- Immediately pour the almond butter mixture over the dry ingredients and mix with a spoon or spatula until no dry spots remain.
- Transfer to the prepared pan and press the mixture down firmly to make an even layer.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes
(Makes 8 Bars)
Calories Per 1 Bar Serving: 244 calories