It has always been a goal for both men and women to have a reduce waist size. Although common to both gender, this is very typical among women, it is considered one of their biological needs to be fit and slim, and to be just like it requires a slim waist. Having a slim waist for them doesn’t only make them physically fit, but most girls would love it when they are not finding difficulty wearing clothes they like. Well, everybody would love to have it, which is why most people try their best to achieve a sexy and slim waist whatever it takes.
According to health standards, when male has 40 inches waist line, and 35 inches for female, they are considered unhealthy and obese. As the society has always been imposing to all of us that being fat and overweight are not acceptable, people are continuously finding ways to get into the fad and to prevent from being one of the society’s enemies. Yes, reality is telling us that people fear becoming fat, which is why eating disorders have becoming common these days. Gym, body workout machines, weight loss exercise programs, weight loss diets, etc. are continuously invading the fitness world. You can see a lot of people enrolling themselves in a gym giving focus on their waist and abdominal. This has been the most common concern of many primarily because they want to look good and health reasons are just secondary.
The waist is an area of the body where most fat are stored especially when consuming unhealthy foods beyond normal. When you do side bending and sitting, you can see layers of fat on your waist which you actually wish it can be disappeared in a split of a second, so the idea of abdominal crunches and sit-ups are the best ways to get rid of it. However, that is actually a misconception. Fats are surrounding the body and not just on your waist. One factor to help you realize this is the body fat you have.
When you do everything that involves your waist, you are just toning and shaping your waist. When you want to lose fat on your waist, an overall body fat reduction is to be done, meaning, your overall body is to be worked out with diet and exercises. The more sincere you do it, the greater the chance of achieving a reduce waist size.
1) Achieving the goal for a sexy waist requires the appropriate exercises, not just one but the combination of cardiovascular exercises and weight training. Your exercises can be a part of your daily routine. These are the best way to lose excess fat. Moreover, if your exercises are causing you so much sweat every time you perform them, then it means that your exercises are challenging enough to help you lose weight. Intensity of the exercise must be increased to be more effective.
- You should start with cardiovascular exercises right away and continue doing them on a regular basis. You can choose whether doing it at home or in the gym. These include walking, jogging, hiking and biking or sports such as tennis and badminton. Ideally, cardiovascular exercises must be done at least thrice a week within 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Resistance training exercises are also beneficial to achieve your goal. Here are some of those that you can apply.
- Lie flat on the floor and your arms on your sides.
- Keep your legs straight and immovable.
- Slowly raise your arms up over the head while lifting your legs until your fingers can point at your toes.
- You need to exhale slowly and return to the starting position. Repeat the steps as long as you can.
- Lie down on your back in the floor.
- Lift up the legs and maintain that they are sticking together.
- Now slowly lift your head and shoulders from the ground with your hands over the thighs.
- Contract your abs while lowering the legs and as you start again laying your back and arms on the floor.
- Press your hands on the floor and Inhale and exhale for 5 counts.
- While lying down on the floor, raise your right leg straight up the ceiling.
- Tighten your abs and circle the raised right leg clockwise for 5 times and counterclockwise for another 5 times.
- Your leg should be moving during this exercise. Repeat this exercise with the other leg and do two sets of 5 counts for each direction.
- Stand straight with your arms at your sides (stand as if you are planted firmly on the ground)
- Inhale while bending the right leg while the other leg is resting with sole of the feet flat on the floor.
- You have to balance yourself; start pushing arms upwards over the head while the palms touch each other.Without moving the hips, your right bent leg must move the knee back and hold this position for about half a minute.
- Repeat the exercise with the other leg; do it as long as you can.
- Lie on the floor as face is facing on the floor and elbows is positioned next to the chest.
- Lift your body by elevating your elbows: Rest the body on the elbows and hands, and hold in that position.
- Start contracting the abs and keep the body as straight as possible.
- Hold each position for half a minute or as long as you can and repeat the steps.
- Your toes may be used to balance as the elbows up; but for beginners, they can start on the knees and work up to the required position.
2) Diet is one of the most important factors in every weight loss goal. As such, it is essential to reduce waist size. Health experts said that almost 60% of the weight loss is highly attributed with what food you are putting in your mouth.
- The rule of the thumb in your diet: never deprive yourself of food. Once you do, your body can no longer work as its needs are not met. One of the body’s functions is to metabolize or burn the excess fat. So when it can’t work due to food deprivation, fat burning process will also not happen.
- Eat completely: high protein, moderate carbohydrates and less fat. Protein in a form of lean meats is good because it has high satiety value, so you feel full longer. Carbohydrates gives your body energy, but too much of it can be converted into fats. White foods are rich in carbohydrates, so must be taken less or must be avoided; these are breads, pasta, and white rice. Your fat is also important in the body as it protects us from any harmful elements that might invade in the body, but fats in excess can increase cholesterol and the excess will be stored in the different parts of the body.
- Eat regularly, 5-6 small meals a day. The more you eat smaller meals several times a day with 3 hours interval, the more your metabolism and fat burning process will boost up, causing weight loss. It also prevents you from getting hungry all of the time.
- Eat high fiber rich foods such as whole grain, berries, sweet corn, and green leafy vegetables. This can help in reducing fat.
- Avoid too much salt in the diet, such as your soy sauce and junked foods. Too much salt can cause water retention of the body which makes you feel bloated.
- Avoid high processed foods or preservatives such as canned goods. It has high salt intake, it is not also healthy because the food you eat is not fresh.
- Avoid sweets in the diet such as your chocolates, cakes, and candies.
- Soft drinks must be avoided too. Instead, drink plenty of water, 6-8 glasses daily.
In order to lose inches off your waist you need to control the urge to eat high calorie, convenient food. Our modern diets are full of highly processed foods which offer little nutritional value and fat intake exceeds recommendations. People are also on average getting less than twenty minutes of exercise each day, combine this with poor food choices and it’s no wonder that you want to lose inches off your waist!
One thing you must realize is that weight loss cannot be confined to just one area of the body and any expert who tells you otherwise is offering false promises. There is no magic pill, exercise, food or anything else that will help you lose inches off your waist and only off your waist. Fat loss will occur all over the body if you start doing the right things – regular exercise and changing your eating habits. Usually the first place you put on weight will be the last place you lose it from so keep on going even if at first you aren’t noticing the kind of results you are looking for. Perseverance is key in weight loss and if you are determined and stick to it you will lose inches off your waist!
I now want to offer you 3 nutritional tips to help you lose inches off your waist, feel better and look great! So lets get started…
1. Be sure you are eating enough fruit and vegetables – listen to the 5-a-day advice!
Fresh fruit and vegetables should be a staple of anyone’s diet, especially if you want to change your body shape and lose inches off your waist. They contain a whole host of different vitamins, minerals and plant chemicals that are known to provide health benefits and control weight. Fruit and veg are low in fat and calories and a good source of dietary fiber; helping provide you with extra energy and focus for the day. Because they are low in calories we can eat a lot without consuming excess energy and the fiber content helps to keep you full for longer meaning far less food needs to be eaten to feel satisfied helping you lose inches off your waist.
One other great benefit of eating regular portions of fruit and veg is the fact that they are naturally low in sodium – something that cannot be said about most of the processed foods a western diet often contains. This facet alone will help reduce weight, the average person may be holding as many as 5 pounds of excess water due to the high intake of sodium! So start eating more fruit and vegetables on a daily basis and you’ll be off to a great start, helping you to lose inches off your waist!
2. Cut out ALL the soda!
Fizzy drinks and sodas are one reason that waistlines have increased over the last few decades, they should be completely eliminated from your diet if you are serious about wanting to lose inches off your waist. A regular can of soda can contain 150-200 calories which quickly adds up. The recommended daily intake of calories is 2000 for women and 2500 for men so those cans of pop, in many cases, can be responsible for nearly half of your recommended calorie intake! Some of those ‘super-sized’ drinks can contain as many as 410 calories and over 35 teaspoons of sugar – disaster if you want to lose inches off your waist! Sugar isn’t the only weight loss ‘culprit’ – sodas also contain high levels of sodium and we already know what that does to your weight
3. Boost your protein intake whilst cutting down on carbs.
The amount of protein western people consume is normally very low in comparison to the amount of carbs they eat. In order to lose inches off your waist you should start to curb the carbs and boost the protein intake, thus bringing the percentage of each closer together which can help fat loss. Protein is essential for building and maintaining muscle which in turn boosts your metabolic rate – protein is more difficult for your body to process that either carbohydrates or fat and so simply by eating it you are burning more calories. So choose lean cuts of meat such as chicken and turkey and try to have a portion of protein at every feeding opportunity in order to lose inches off your waist.
Are you worried about your bulging waistlines? Do you long for the hourglass figure that you once used to flaunt? All is not lost, yet. You can get back your body shape and try on dresses that you never imagined, thanks to waist trimmers. Have you been hearing a lot about waist trimmers and waist trimming corsets lately and wondering what they are? You might have also noticed that some of the celebrities endorse these corsets and show off their beautiful body shapes to the world. So what are these in reality and how do they work? Read on to know more about the basics of this.
What are waist trimmers?
These are belts or garments that are worn under the clothes by men and women. Also known as waist clinchers, these trimmers are very tight and thus produce lots of heat, which causes one to sweat profusely. Excessive sweating helps people to flush off all toxins from their body, thereby leading to weight loss. These waist clinchers come in various patterns and fabrics and are designed in such a way so that they don’t create any discomfort to users, even when they wear it for the first time. By wearing a waist trimmer, you will see magical results in your overall figure as your curves will be accentuated better. However, if you want to lose weight in a healthy way, it is wrong to depend only on them. You have to resort to other methods like workout and diet control for permanent and side effects-free weight loss.
What good does it do for your body?
Waist trimmers do a great job in improving the body posture of a person. It fits perfectly and thereby helps keep your spinal cord intact. Today, many people suffer from chronic neck and back pains because of incorrect seating and posture patterns. With a good waist trimmer, you can get rid of this problem completely and give complete relief for your muscles and nerves.
Waist trimmers, when used during workouts, play a good role in weight loss. You may not see the results immediately; however, you will see changes in about a few months’ time. You will see an instant makeover in your figure and you cannot help but feel positive about yourself. You can try out smaller sized clothes that you thought would never fit you anymore. The excessive heat generated by waist trimmers, cause one’s body to perspire a lot. You will start shedding considerable amount of water weight, as a result of which you will stay fresh and light.
Are they recommended?
Waist trimmers are recommended provided they are used properly. You can use them for a maximum of 5 hours at a stretch or just use them when you are working out. Since it is very tight, it is not recommended to wear this for long hours. If you do so, your respiratory tract may face blocks or suffocation. Also, many people do the mistake of relying entirely on these waist trimmers for weight loss. These clinchers can never assist in bringing about permanent weight loss. You need to resort to natural methods like yoga, diet and exercises for that.